Pets in the Cabin
At Wasaya Airways, our cabins are pet friendly! You can bring your cat or small dog in the cabin with you provided it is small enough to fit and stay comfortably in its carrier under the seat in front of you. Due to the limited space available on some of our aircraft, we recommend that you check with your reservation agent at the time of booking to ensure that your pet carrier will fit under the seat in front of you. If your pet carrier exceeds the size limitations for the cabin, your pet will need to travel in a hard sided carrier in the cargo compartment. Just a friendly reminder that your pet in its carrier will count as one standard item toward your carry-on baggage allowance.
However, your pet cannot travel with you in the cabin if you:
- Are an unaccompanied minor;
- Are travelling with an infant;
- Are travelling in a cabin that is unable to accommodate a pet carrier;
- Are seated at a bulkhead or emergency exit row;
- Require the use of a medical device that needs to be stowed underneath the seat.
Registering your Pet
Once you have booked your own flight, you need to register your pet for travel on the same flight as yours. Pets cannot travel unaccompanied. To avoid disappointment, you must pre-book your pet on your flight at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled departure time.
When registering your pet, we ask that you provide the following information:
- The dimensions of the carrier;
- The weight and breed of your pet.
Weight: The total maximum weight of the animal and carrier may not exceed 8 ½ lbs. (4kg).
Size: Must fit under the seat. The carry-on baggage size limitation is 9"x12"x16".
For operational and comfort reasons, the number of pets accepted in the cabin is limited to two pets per cabin. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you register your pet as far in advance to ensure availability.
The cost for transporting your pet in the cabin is $50 CAD/USD per direction. Standard fare class change and cancellation rules apply.
*Pets that have not been registered in advance will not be accepted at the airport.
- Only one pet in the cabin is allowed per flight;
- Your pet must:
- Be at least 8 weeks old and fully weaned to be accepted for travel;
- Remain at all times in a closed pet carrier stowed under your seat.
- You'll need to arrive a full 30 minutes prior to the recommended check-in time for your flight as you must see an agent at check-in.
The Pet Carrier
For the safety and comfort of your pet and other passengers onboard, you must make certain your pet carrier fits the following criteria:
- Must be leak proof and well ventilated. Soft-sided is required for in the cabin. Hard-sided carriers are required for pets travelling in the cargo area.
- Must be big enough to allow your pet to stand up, turn around and lie down safely and comfortably. No part of the pet may extend outside the carrier. The pet must remain in the carrier and the carrier must remain under the seat and closed at all times;
- Will count as the one standard carry-on item which you are allowed to bring on board.
We are sensitive to the concerns of allergy sufferers, and we understand that some of our customers may not wish to be seated too close to a cat or small dog during their flight. For this reason, we ask that, if you are an allergy sufferer, you advise the check-in agent prior to your flight departure to ensure that you are not next to a customer travelling with a pet. We will make reasonable efforts to move you or the pet and pet owner.