Beech1900 Captains are responsible for the safe operation of company aircraft in accordance with all applicable Transport Canada Regulations, Wasaya Company Policies and the Wasaya Airways LP Company Operations Manual.
Skills and Qualifications
• 2,500 Total Time
• 1,000 PIC • 500 Multi is an asset
• Multi-PIC is an asset
• ATPL ( ATPL qualifications met with completed application accepted)
• Vaild Transport Canada Instrument Rating • Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical
• Must be able to obtain and Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance (RAIC)
• Must hold at current Passport at time of hire
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Must have completed a High School Diploma
• Candidates must meet Transport Canada English Proficiency Standard
Preference will be given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements:
• Applicants who possess a Canadian ATPL
• Applicants with two crew multi-engine turbine experience
• Graduates from an Aviation College degree or diploma program
• Applicants with commercial or military flight experience
• Applicants with Flight Management System (FMS) and/or glass cockpit experience
Some of the benefits Wasaya offers, include:
• Competitive salary: as of the date of this posting base salary $64,287.14 + $27.90 / air time hour flown (ave. airtime 700 per ann.)
• Northern premium allowance for Northern residence
• Be at home every night, no scheduled hotel overnight pairings
• Employee Team Performance Award program which shares the profits of the company
• Comprehensive health care plan including health, dental and disability benefits. Paid 100% by the company.
• Defined contribution pension plan
• Employee travel benefits program, including WestJet
• Wasaya is a partner in the Air Canada family with the Pathways program.
• Jump seat privilege with Air Canada, Jazz, Bearskin Airlines, Calm Air, First Air, Air Transat
• Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree or Ojibway
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Wasaya Airways LP
300 Anemki Place, Suite B
Thunder Bay, ON P7J 1H9
Fax: (807) 475‐7093
Applications received for this position will only be acknowledged if you are being contacted for an interview.
As a 100% First Nation owned organization, it is the policy of Wasaya Airways LP to hire the most qualified candidate for the position, but to give preference to First Nation candidates, especially those from our owner communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.